Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Good News!

From Amanda

We have great news as far as all things Russia are concerned!

1) We have an apartment! We were expecting something close to a one room flat but instead we have a 2 room apartment 5 min walk from the school we are teaching at! It is furnished and has a real bed (a big deal I assure you!) and a water heater for when they shut off the hot water in the summer! We are blessed/spoiled!

2) We have our Russian visas! A praise that we were approved and that they are arriving so early before we are due to fly out!

3) We have books and a clearer idea of what we will be teaching! I have been working on collecting activities and lessons for the books I chose and Matthew has received a copy of his Russian text book in the mail. He has used it before and really likes it and I love the books I am able to teach, so more blessings there!

Prayer requests:
- Now is the time we have to start saying goodbye. I personally try to avoid it so it is hard for me to speak my feelings at times like these. We have places to visit and say goodbye to as well as people.

- We also have to start thinking about packing. *Boo!*

- That I won't run out of books for my students! It may not seem like a big deal but that would be stressful!

- That even though we know adjusting will be rough, we will be able to settle in quickly and make Russia home.

No comments:

Post a Comment